Thursday, 23 March 2017

Review: Specter of the Past: Star Wars (The Hand of Thrawn): Book I

Specter of the Past: Star Wars (The Hand of Thrawn): Book I Specter of the Past: Star Wars (The Hand of Thrawn): Book I by Timothy Zahn
My rating: 0 of 5 stars

I dropped this 3 hours and 10 minutes into the audiobook.

I was very excited for this book. Unfortunately, I read a plot synopsis and I just found the conceit of this book dumb.

The actual Hand of Thrawn is a disappointment.

The character of Flim is aggravating, which I guess is the point but I'm not putting up with it.

I was intrigued by Teirce because up until that point, I had never read about a character in the Royal Guard. (You know, those red soldiers that flank important people in the Empire.)

It has too much of the character Mazzik, which wouldn't be so bad if Marc Thompson hadn't decided to give him this weedily Woody Allan voice. He's a bounty hunter! I shouldn't be picturing Woody Allan!

In about 3 hours of the audiobook, there were roughly 10 "lip twists". Everyone's lip was twisting, or they felt their lip twist.

I'm still looking forward to Timothy Zahn's upcoming Thrawn book, but The Hand of Thrawn Duology isn't something I want to sink my time into.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | cna certification