Friday, 24 February 2017

Concert "Review" - Rishloo

Once, back in the days when Last.FM was free for Canadians, because I like TOOL and Pink Floyd, a little song came across my stream called Freaks & Animals by a hitherto unknown by me band called Rishloo.

I've been an ardent fan ever since. Quickly they claimed a top 5 bands spot in my personal listing and became one of my Bucket List bands.

I was lucky enough to snag a friend willing to brave the bad side of town and the cold to go see them with me last night.

It was very enjoyable, in a small bar where most seating space was taken up by pool tables and a "dance" floor. They played mostly recent songs, but they did play Omega and, more importantly, El Empe, which is a personal favourite of mine. We all sang along to Dark Charade (Yes, you can actually sing along to that song. Suprise!). Their rendition of Dead Rope Machine was amazing, as was their live version of Winslow.

Their set was too short, running just over an hour, and I regret not buying a t-shirt, but all in all I, and everyone else there thrashing around in the venue are very happy!


So, unofficially I've seen all my Bucket List bands. My list will probably never be complete since Poe is no longer able to do music, but I've seen Alice Cooper, Nick Cave, AC/DC, Rolling Stones, Dethklok and now Rishloo.

And then I found out Katatonia is coming. One more to add to the List.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | cna certification