Monday, 28 November 2016

Review: Star Wars: The Thrawn Trilogy: Dark Force Rising: Volume 2

Star Wars: The Thrawn Trilogy: Dark Force Rising: Volume 2 Star Wars: The Thrawn Trilogy: Dark Force Rising: Volume 2 by Timothy Zahn
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is the second part of the Thrawn Trilogy, you can read my review of Star Wars: Heir to the Empire on my blog.

I liked it, but it didn't grab me as much as the first book did. I was way more aware of Zahn's little writing quirks in this one. Everyone's lip was always twisting and Thrawn's eyes were always glittering.

It might of been due to the fact I went large swaths of time without listening but I feel like the story jumped around a little too much. One minute everyone was doing their own thing, the next they were all in the same place having a meeting? I must have missed something.

Also, the identity of the person feeding intel to the Empire is obvious and if I'm wrong I'm calling shenanigans.

However, though I should have seen it coming, because Star Wars, I was genuinely surprised by the cliffhanger ending. That must have been amazing 20-something years ago.

Anyway, still good, but not as amazing as the first book. The production and narration is still top notch. Leia's plot is still the most interesting to me, and I still dislike Mara Jade, but not as much.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | cna certification