Tuesday, 5 April 2016

Review: Futuristic Violence and Fancy Suits

Futuristic Violence and Fancy Suits Futuristic Violence and Fancy Suits by David Wong
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

One of my favourite books is John Dies at the End, and I liked the follow up This Book Is Full of Spiders so when I heard David Wong wrote a new book with new characters, I was on board.

So, what do I think?

It's fine.

It's not as clever or funny or out-there as John Dies or Spiders but at times I did laugh, and they were good laughs. It has a good cast of characters for the most part and the future world it inhabits seems quite realistic.

I liked Zoe, protagonist and her supporting cast. Some were fleshed out more than others but the ones who were fleshed out had good rapport with one another.

The antagonist was kind of amusing, but that might be because the audiobook narrator gave him a sort of bro cadence.

Possibly some of my enjoyment was kind of killed because the narrator had a weird way of sometimes ending sentences when she came across a comma. Like "The building was huge. Red. And looked like there was molten lava flowing. Over the surface of it." So, that was annoying and for the first few chapters I wasn't sure I would stick with it.

So, it was fine. Some fun sci-fi until I move on to the next.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | cna certification