Monday, 24 November 2014

Book Review: Ghost No More by Ceecee James

Ghost No More: A MemoirGhost No More: A Memoir by CeeCee James
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I would have given it 3.5 stars if Goodreads would allow such a thing.

It's difficult to write about these kind of books because who am I to judge someone's pain or adversity?

I liked this. It's a million times better than A Child Called "It" because things actually make sense, seem to have a coherent timeline and the things poor Ceecee endured are, sadly, believable. In this story, there are no pregnant women making chlorine gas or child-stabbings.

But like A Child Called "It", I have one similar critique: why was the mother like this? She had health issues and I am curious as to what those were. But unlike A Child Called "It", there are hints of what Ceecee's mother had gone through to make her the woman she turned out to be; Health, abuse, molestation, and possibly mental issues. I don't want to presume though, it's not my place.

I think this would be a good read for anyone trying to work through their own abusive past.

I'm glad Ceecee found happiness and peace and I wish her all the best.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | cna certification