Saturday, 28 September 2013

Well, Now I'm Bored

Since the first draft of Project 10X10 is officially done and I'm just waiting for my critters to go through it and get back to me, and NEXT TO GODLINESS is in submissions limbo I've had time to realize something.

I have nothing to write, and I am so bored!

Okay, that's not true. It's only been two days, it's not like I've languished wordlessly for months or anything. Sure, I could pay more attention to Elven Lacryment or focus on the re-write of Project C, for which I have some new ideas that I'm actually quite excited about, but...for the time being I'm just...bored.

Or maybe bored isn't the right word. Maybe I'm...restless?

Case in point: This is the third time this week I've updated my blog. How often do I even do that when it's not a meme?

The other day I took a break from editing the format errors in Project 10X10 and spent something like five hours making some hypothetical book covers. Because my brain processed the passing thought that "Now would be a perfect time to self-publish Blood in the Water Q!". It felt good to do some art. Really good. I needed that. Badly.

But, now that random Blood in the Water urge has passed and I should really work on something new.

Maybe tomorrow (today, it's 1 a.m. as I type this.) I'll take the Project C protagonist out for a spin.

But he and I both know I probably won't.

1 comments:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I think restless is a better word. You're transitioning from one mode to another. I always think of it as decompressing. It can happen mid-project too. I can think of a few times on the last book where I spent all day writing, and then we had to go to a party, and I had a really hard time talking to people. I think I even told them, "Give me a little while. I'm still back in 1803." :-) (Clicked over here from AW, by the way.)

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | cna certification