Friday, 5 July 2013

The Diabolical Next to Godliness Plan (And Some Project C Thoughts, & Status Updates...)

I have a plan for unleashing NEXT TO GODLINESS upon the world.

In October 2012 I submitted NEXT TO GODLINESS to the Harper Voyager Open Submission Call. I also submitted PROJECT C. Harper Voyager rejected one of the submissions but did not clarify which one. I choose to believe they rejected PROJECT C and that NEXT TO GODLINESS is still under consideration.

Now, the exclusive period for Harper Voyager has passed and in May 2013 I got off my butt and actively started submitting NEXT TO GODLINESS. The next place was Strange Chemistry, which I submitted on my birthday because I'm weird like that.

In June, I've submitted to about seven or eight places, including two fairly big name places and have been rejected by two.

I've decided, under the advice of a friend, to revisit publishers that previously rejected PROJECT C because said friend's point of view was "They rejected your story, not you."

So I'm going to submit to as many places as I am able until about July 2014, then I'm going to look at self-publishing the book on my own. So I hope to have NEXT TO GODLINESS out by say, December 2015. Yes, for the holiday season! Of course, if it gets picked up for publication that date goes out the window.

Meanwhile, I've got a bug up my butt about PROJECT C, namely, that I want to rewrite the thing from scratch. I wrote it in a small period of time and I've grown as a writer and a person. It needs a lot of tweaking and it's so very...I don't know a good word...indulgent? Maybe...

For example, I did start re-writing it and I scratched the first few pages right away. They were too busy lovingly building the world.

In other news, I have two more vaguely pending writing projects that I'm thinking about; a post-apocalyptic love story (I know, I know. Hey, I have a niche!) and something that's stuck with me since I was a lowercase Q.

I will keep this adventure moderately updated.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | cna certification