Thursday, 23 May 2013

30 Day Comic Book Challenge - Day 3,4,5

The answer to Day 2 is...

*DRUMROLL!*
Mr Gone

Mr. Gone from The Maxx.

Now, I failed to update this over the last few days so let's just get them all out of the way.


Day 03 - A comic that is underrated.

Yep. I was going to just put all of the Darkwing Duck comic, but Crisis on Infinite Darkwings was an awesome storyline. Not only did it pay homage to great comicbook lore(Iron Duck, Rorschach Duck, silver Darkwing), but it had great visual gags (Sailormoon Darkwing, Bowlingball Darkwing), some genuine heart, and scads of continuity from the old cartoon. I actually felt something for this storyline. Sadly after this storyline the comic dipped in quality. I liked Duckthulhu but Dangerous Currency was bland

Day 04 - Your guilty pleasure comic or character.

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry...
Back when my friends and I were experimenting with comics, I wasn't nearly as selective as I am now. We read anything that was in the Wizard top 10 that had a chick on the cover. Shi, Vampirella, Darkchylde, Lady Death, Gen13, Witchblade... It was the 90s, we were stupid.
I think our favourite was Darkchylde. Back when I used to read it avidly, I thought the art was beautiful. Eventually I realized it was the colouring that was beautiful and the art was kind of very ugly.
However, I...still kind of like the book.
It's over-wrought to the point of laughable, NO 17 year old girl with a body like that talks like some high-brow novelist.
But time and time again, I keep reading and re-reading the Darkness/Darkchylde crossover. I can't get enough of it. It's ridiculous, Jackie's redesign is stupid, but it just hits me in all the right parts of the brain.

Day 05 - Comic character you feel you are most like (or wish you were).
Well I've been thinking about this one for...about an hour now. And I can't think of anyone. According to my friend it's Deadpool...So...Deadpool?
Sure. I'm funny, violent, creative and a science experiment. Deadpool it is.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | cna certification