Wednesday, 21 September 2011

An Elven Lacryment Update

Way back in March I posted about my current putzing around with a novelization of Elven Lacryment (AKA Elven Lacryment: SHREDS). I think it's time for a status update.

But before I get to that I want to let you all in on something: Ever since 2005, when I was writing the script for Elven Lacryment the webcomic, I had this one scene in mind that was very heavy and I actually halted writing the script until the art began to catch up to it. Right before that scene was a good place to stop I felt.

Writing the novelization, Elven Lacryment: SHREDS, I had eventually wound up at that same scene.  And I stalled again. This scene has given me all kinds of angst.

I eventually wondered if maybe it didn't belong in the story but I felt that it did, for various reasons. I did however, tone down the scope of the scene and make it more...in line with everything else. In my mind, anyway.

So for months I abandoned EL:S (again) and worked on other things. I completed Blood in the Water and chipped away at Next to Godliness as well as spent some quality time with my PS3.

But finally I'm returning to EL:S and working through that scene that's been giving me no end to my own grief.  I know in the end it will be worth it.

So, official status update on EL:S...

I am ashamed to say that between June and September EL has gone from 24,500 words to 27,170 words. That's not a lot, but it's something. I'm almost through the obstacle course that is this scene and after that hopefully things will pick up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | cna certification