Thursday, 14 October 2010

Fuck you she's awesome!

So, there's this flowchart going around which reduces almost any female into a trope or stereotype. Wonderfully developed flawed characters like Azula (Girl Hitler) and Sarah Connor (Mama Bear).

I'm not going to link to it, if you really want to find it, you will, trust me.

So, I'm just going to do the Fuck you, she's awesome meme.

Give me a female character and I will tell you why she is awesome. It might be a ficlet, or some meta, or a list or whatever.

Things I am familiar with: Avatar: TLA, Silent Hill, REPO! The Genetic Opera, X-Men, Sailor Moon, Muppets, Poison Elves, Hellsing, Boogiepop Phantom, Darkwing Duck, Gargoyles, Devil Hunter Yohko, Shikabane Hime, Higurashi, AEon Fluxx, The Maxx, She-Ra.

Speaking of She-Ra, Thundercats was on TV the other day. I remember loving Thundercats when I was little. Unfortunately watching it the other day...the production values were so painfully low I actually got embarrassed watching it. Though I still watch the Beetlejuice Cartoon, as well as The Raccoons on occasion. Also, sometimes I'll hunt down old episodes of Jem on Youtube and I can watch that too. But Thundercats...I feel somehow...cheated. Like my childhood was a lie. A LIE!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | cna certification