Friday, 17 September 2010

New blog layout.

Yeah, I bit the bullet and installed a new layout for my blog. It's ok, I like it, I just don't like it as much as I adored Disconnected. That layout was beautiful.

Unfortunately it was also old and all my custom widgets kept vanishing, hence why the sidebar always reset itself, so I had to get a new layout, I had no choice. We'll all get used to it.

Writing is slow going and I'm not sure why. Blood in the Water is almost finished but at the same time, I'm just not feeling it. It's falling flat. The strange thing is that maybe that's the point. Maybe the point is that no matter what the characters do, it doesn't matter. I don't know, the ending feels both forced and glossed over. Strange, huh? Maybe I should just shelve it. This would be the second time I've shelved a story with these specific characters.

On the other hand, Next to Godliness is going good. Slow, but good. It just keeps rolling on and on in it's merry way, being all "Look at the cluster-crap of the Gods!", though I still haven't decided on the Big Bad for NtG, not entirely. However, I'm proud of what I'm weaving out of it and how much I've researched for it. There's sure to be a little something for everybody. I'm positive it's going to be much larger than it was originally meant to be.

Finally, there's Amethyst Breed. Not much to say there because it too, is slow going. Sometimes things are just contrived, and that's ok. I don't really have any thoughts concerning this project.

I got a new set of business cards for this site, and a new printer. I should, in theory, start doing the local convention scene soon and sell some prints or maybe some short stories or two, a little chapbook about Necropolis maybe? That could be interesting.

I recently got into Marvel comics again. I re-read the first 4 volumes of Runaways and it's interesting the things you either pick up on a re-read. Like Karolina for one. Karolina is a sledgehammer. Whereas Gert and Chase seem less..apparent. Which is sad because I love the idea of those two together but in practice it just seemed kind of..."because we said so." I still love the series though, and got someone to read it. Turns out it's the first comic book to ever grab her interest.

I also re-read some of The Darkness, or tried to. It was difficult and I just ended up skimming and playing the video game again instead.

So, that's what I've been up to.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | cna certification